Referral Program and Offer Terms
Last Updated: 06/05/2019
All participation and referrals made through this program are subject to and governed by the following referral program terms and conditions as well as the specific card offer terms that corresponds with the invitation and referral link you use to invite your friends to participate.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
You can receive 20,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points ("Referral Bonus") for each new American Express Card application you refer resulting in an approved account, up to a maximum of 80,000 Bonus Points per calendar year.
To receive the Referral Bonus:
- you must submit referral(s) by 03/10/2020, and
- the referred individual(s) must apply online through your personalized link provided by American Express.
Hilton Honors membership, earning and redemption of Points are subject to Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions. Excludes Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
© 2019 Hilton
Hilton Honors and all trademarks of the Hilton Portfolio are owned by Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc. or its subsidiaries.
This program is available online only to Basic Card Members. In order to receive a Referral Bonus, you must satisfy these Referral Offer and Program Terms and your Card account must not be canceled or past due on the date the Referral Bonus would post to your account and when you have qualified to receive the Referral Bonus.
- The number of Referral Bonuses you can receive are limited, see your specific Referral Offer Terms for your annual limit.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for a Card through the referral link you provide.
- The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you, and we may be required to send you a Form 1099-MISC and file it with the IRS. You are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of a Referral Bonus.
- You cannot earn a Referral Bonus for an approved referral if the referred individual currently has the Card they applied for through your referral link. If two or more Card Members refer the same individual to apply for a Card, we will credit the reward to the Card Member whose referral link was used by their friend to apply for the Card.
- Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.
- This program intends for you to invite only your interested personal friends, family and known acquaintances to take advantage of the Card Offers above utilizing the referral link and sharing tools we provide.
- Whenever and wherever you refer American Express to a friend under the Program, any additional statements you make, of which are not provided by American Express, about our Card products or the Referral Offer, must be
- consistent with the content and materials we provide you and/or your friends,
- truthful, accurate, factually supported, not misleading, and
- reflect your honest beliefs, opinions, or experiences with your Card.
- Any modification or efforts to bypass, manipulate, obscure or otherwise modify the delivery and accurate presentation of the referral link, sharing tools, content, disclosures or other materials and instructions we provide will be considered a violation of these terms.
Friends, Families and Acquaintances Only
- When you invite a friend to participate in this program for purposes of earning yourself a Welcome or Referral Bonus, you must make sure your friend knows you could receive a reward from American Express if they are approved for a new Card.
- You should not publish or distribute your referral links in locations where the audience is likely to include individuals you do not know or who may not be interested in an American Express Card.
- To the extent you decide to post your referral link on any third party website or platform, such as a social media website, you must:
- make it clear to those who view your post that you will also receive a reward if they are approved for a new Card.
- You should also be aware that by engaging in such activity on a third party site (1) you will be, at your own risk, subjecting yourself to those third party sites' privacy, security and consumer practices and policies which American Express does not endorse or control, and (2) that those third party sites may be able to tell, based on your activity, that you are an American Express Card Member.
- You also acknowledge and accept that the friends you refer will be able to tell that you are an American Express Card Member.